It’s hard to believe that some of these actions would occur, but we’ve seen it happen in 2010!
Keep the door wide open for offers, remember…
- Hug the interviewer
- Wear jeans to the interview
- Feel badly if you are overdressed compared to the interviewer
- Answer (or play with) your mobile phone while in the interview
- Discuss your opinion on politics or religion with the interviewer (no matter how ancient)
- Yawn in front of the interviewer
- Ask the interviewer if you can work from home (if the job was not presented to you as a home office job)
- Chew gum during the interview
- Tell jokes during the interview
- Smoke during or before the interview
- Say anything negative about former colleagues, supervisors, or employers
- Bring up or discuss personal issues or family problems.
- Ask about salary, vacation, or other benefits until after the offer
- Act as though you would take any job or are desperate for employment.
- Forget to contact Kinsa Group and/or the new employer if you decide not to show up for your first day on the job