Career opportunities are becoming more plentiful. But that’s doesn’t mean your job search will be easy!
Finding the right executive food & beverage position – one that offers the career growth, compensation and culture you want – can be challenging. Time-consuming. And at times, really frustrating.
That’s where Kinsa comes in. As we mentioned in an earlier post, an executive food & beverage recruiter can do so much to facilitate your job search. We offer:
- 29 years of specialized experience;
- access to unadvertised opportunities;
- resume feedback and interview skills coaching; and
- support to keep your morale and enthusiasm high.
In other words, we give you the Career Edge you need!
Not surprisingly, the stronger our professional relationship, the simpler and more successful your job search will be. So today, we’re offering six tips to help you work best with us – and get the food & beverage career you want:
- Be honest. We invest a lot of time learning about your background and goals, and it’s always in your best interest to accurately convey your credentials, experience and accomplishments (never embellish!). The better we understand you, the more precisely we can match you to the right position.
- Ask lots of questions. When we schedule an interview for you, we’ll clearly explain the employer and the opportunity. Be an active participant in the process, gathering as much information as possible about what the hiring manager is looking for in a candidate. Ask questions that will help you “fill in the blanks” – so you’re as prepared as possible heading into the interview.
- Provide specific feedback. Once you complete an interview, let us know how things went. If the position didn’t interest you, tell us why. Again, honest, clear communication will help us better understand what you want from a career – and do the best job offering opportunities that are a strong fit.
- Accept our feedback graciously. We’re partners in your job search. When you succeed, we succeed! As such, we may occasionally offer helpful suggestions to improve your candidacy. Keep an open mind when we provide constructive feedback, knowing that it stems from a desire to help you land a great job.
- Stay in touch. As you know, finding the right food & beverage opportunity can take time. During the process, check in periodically to tell us: how your own search is going; if your employment status has changed; or if you’ve acquired any new skills or experience.
- Refer talented friends and colleagues to us. If a position is not right for you, but you know someone who would be a great fit, please let us know! We’ll be thankful for the help – and your friend may land an even better job.
Looking for your next opportunity?