I had the pleasure of meeting this talented Food Laboratory Sr. Executive at a Food Safety Summit recently.
With over two decades improving, managing and directing operational procedures of laboratories by using a combination of expert scientific skills, PhD in Chemistry and MBA background in order to contribute to time-effectiveness and consistent revenue growth.
Among his skills and experience are:
– Design and implementation of a full service food-safety testing laboratory including: facilities, instrumentation, selection and hiring of scientists, implementation and validation of AOAC methodologies, quality assurance, and successful ISO 17025 laboratory accreditation. All of these accomplished in less than 18 months.
– Restructuring of laboratory workflows and quality systems in order to reduce turn-around times and improve customer satisfaction. This resulted in 20% – 30% annual laboratory revenue growth with minimal capital investments.
– Daily coordination and supervision of all aspects of laboratory operations, including multiple satellite locations for both microbiology and chemistry.
– Strong quality assurance background and familiarity with USDA and FDA regulations.
– Worked directly with clients on scientific projects in order to improve their product(s) and/or find the cause of a problem and suggest viable solutions.
– Fully bilingual English and Spanish, intermediate Italian.
He is seeking a new role as:
– Laboratory Director or Director of Food Safety and Laboratory Services, or similar.
– This position could be either at a central laboratory of a major manufacturing company OR with a major laboratory chain that has a strong food testing division.
– He is open to relocate anywhere in the US or Europe, preferably to an area where he can enjoy all four seasons.