What Not to do in an Interview
It’s hard to believe that some of these actions would occur, but we’ve seen it happen in 2010!
Keep the door wide open for offers, remember…
- Hug the interviewer
- Wear jeans to the interview
- Feel badly if you are overdressed compared to the interviewer
- Answer (or play with) your mobile phone while in the interview
- Discuss your opinion on politics or religion with the interviewer (no matter how ancient)
- Yawn in front of the interviewer
- Ask the interviewer if you can work from home (if the job was not presented to you as a home office job)
- Chew gum during the interview
- Tell jokes during the interview
- Smoke during or before the interview
- Say anything negative about former colleagues, supervisors, or employers
- Bring up or discuss personal issues or family problems.
- Ask about salary, vacation, or other benefits until after the offer
- Act as though you would take any job or are desperate for employment.
- Forget to contact Kinsa Group and/or the new employer if you decide not to show up for your first day on the job