Assessing Hiring Needs: Should Food & Beverage Employers DIY or Use a Recruiter?
When it’s time to hire the best food & beverage professionals for your organization, you face a critical decision: should you do it yourself, or work with an experienced, specialized executive recruitment firm like Kinsa?
It would be easy (and logical) to use this question as a launching pad for a sales pitch. The true answer, however, is more complex. What’s right for one employer, under a certain set of hiring, employment and market conditions, is not necessarily right for another.
So how do you decide if you should hire on your own, or partner with a recruiter? Here are a few critical questions to consider:
Evaluate Your Current Hiring Practices
- How do you typically hire personnel? Have you always done it yourself, or do you have a good working relationship with a recruitment firm?
- How much do you really spend hiring staff on your own? Be sure to consider HR time, legal costs, management interview time, opportunity costs, vacancy costs and the cost of a bad hire – in addition to the cost of advertising.
- Do your DIY recruiting methods yield enough qualified candidates?
Conduct a Needs Analysis
- Do you have the time and resources available to properly recruit, screen, interview, assess, reference check and follow-up with candidates on your own?
- How much would it cost you to replace a bad hire in this position (i.e., do you need a guarantee)?
- Does your hiring situation require confidentiality or anonymity?
- How quickly do you need the available position filled?
Consider Current Market and Employment Conditions
- What is the current unemployment rate – not just in general, but specifically for the level/type of professional you need?
- How desirable is your location? Have you had difficulty attracting candidates to work there in the past?
- What are the emerging industry trends which could impact your ability to hire the talent you need?
Consider the Advantages Recruiters Offer
With budget constraints remaining a key concern, you may lean toward a DIY approach for recruiting. But before you start posting to job boards, remember these key advantages Kinsa can provide:
- Improved focus. We free you to focus on your key priorities.
- Specialization. We know how and where to find the high-caliber talent you require.
- Contract labor. If your needs are short-term or project-oriented, we can provide access to the skilled professionals you need without adding to your headcount.
- Access. We maintain robust candidate databases and relationships with passive job seekers.
- Simplification. We save you considerable time and stress, while ensuring that correct selection and screening procedures are utilized.
- Guarantees. We reduce the stress, expense and risk involved with hiring and/or replacing a new employee.
When working with a recruiter makes the most sense for your organization, Kinsa is the ideal choice for your professional search and assessment needs. With over 25 years of experience, a dynamic, team-oriented staff and a focus on the food and beverage industry, we are uniquely qualified to deliver the A-level talent you need.
We’d love the opportunity to help you analyze your recruiting needs and determine if our services could help you hire more quickly, accurately and at a greater cost savings. Please contact Kinsa today.