How To Optimize Your Food Science Resume
Searching for professional jobs in Food Science, Product Development, R&D, or Food Technology?
Take five minutes to read this post – it’s just for you.
Kinsa Group food & beverage industry experts Laurie Hyllberg and Robert Navarro explain how to optimize your Food Science resume so it showcases your talent.
To stand out from other food industry applicants, make sure you include:
- Specific food products as well as general food categories with which you have hands-on product development experience.
- Company description. Briefly describe each company at which you’ve worked (in italics or lower case just below the company name), because recruiters may not know who the employer is or what they do. When appropriate, include links to company websites. These make it convenient for recruiters to quickly learn more about an employer.
- Project leadership responsibilities. Have experience as a project leader? Feature it on your resume. Also mention the departments you’ve worked with cross-functionally on new product commercialization.
- Management experience. If you’ve managed an R&D department, other Food Technologists, or even a Food Science Intern, mention these leadership skills on your resume and include the size of the team you managed.
- Key industry terms and phrases:
- Mention “formulation” and/or “benchtop” lab work experience if you have it.
- If you have experience from “concept to commercialization,” include this phrase!
- “White space” is another key term to feature if you’ve developed brand-new products. This industry term stands out to Recruiters as well as more commonly used ones like “product line extensions” and “shelf-life testing.”
Related Food Industry Resume Optimization Tips
Check out these additional resume optimization posts dedicated to a specific professional job category within the food & beverage industry:
- Food & Beverage Supply Chain / Logistics resumes
- Food & Beverage Quality / Food Safety resumes
- Food & Beverage Operations Management / Food Production resumes
Ready For A New Challenge In Product Development, Food Science or Food Technology?
View these current R&D openings on the Kinsa Group Job Board. Don’t see anything that catches your eye? Submit your resume and our recruiters will reach out as new roles open up!