Controller, Sr. Accounting Manager (Southern California) – Snack Foods, Start-Ups
Seeking a role as: Controller, Director of Finance, Chief Administrative Officer, Director of Finance and Operations, Sr. Accounting Manager
In Location: Located in Southern California, Los Angeles to San Diego – Denver, Colorado – or Austin, Texas (currently living in Southern California and willing to relocate to these other areas)
- Oversight for all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems to ensure compliance with appropriate generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinated and managed daily banking requirements, payments, forecast and cash flow considerations.
- Responded to inquiries from the COO and CEO regarding financial results and special reporting requests.
- Sustained Human Resources operations, processing payroll and related journal entries, driving recruitment, new hire paperwork, orientation/training, and maintained employee records.
- Implemented and managed employee benefits programs, including 401K plan, profit sharing, health insurance, FSA, and bonus structure per department.
- Processed Worker’s Compensation claims and required paperwork.
- Liaised with all departments, assisting line managers in understanding and implementing safety and HR policies and procedures.
Compensation: Base salary expectation dependent on cost of living and responsibilities but likely in the $130-145,000 range plus bonus and benefits
Education: Bachelor of Science, Law Studies
If you are interested in speaking with this Operations and Finance leader who:
- Is multilingual – fluent in English and Portuguese with beginner Spanish,
- Skilled in facilitating acquisitions and transitions (M&A),
- Managed vendor relationships – including contract manufacturers and warehouses,
- Adept at implementing a new enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, then
Contact: Laurie today!
Contact The Recruiter
Laurie champions Kinsa Group’s position as the top food and beverage recruiting firm in the nation and its presence in the global FMCG marketplace. To her Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Business Management, and Marketing she adds over 20 years of executive search experience in the food and beverage industry at Kinsa. Building a network of executives and professionals through membership in the Women’s Foodservice Forum, Institute of Food Technologists, FaB Wisconsin, Chicagoland Food and Beverage Network, and maintaining professional expertise in recruiting as an Executive Board Member for the Recruiters Of Wisconsin association, Laurie is able to connect top talent in the food industry with food and beverage processors and foodservice providers growing their teams at the C-Suite, VP, Director, and Management level. Connect with Laurie today!
Want to know more about this candidate?
← Back to Top Talent