Responsibility for the management of personnel involved in development of food products, food safety, ingredients, supply chain, and the food manufacturing processes. This responsibility could included an awareness of the market, customer interaction, profitability, and the process for technical development of new products and concepts.
SKILLS AND STRENGTHS:
– Recognized as a leader: by management, colleagues, and employees.
– Highly technically trained in the natural sciences and computers, and able to integrate science and business by being able to communicate information between these worlds.
– A good public speaker who has created and communicated: business plans, marketing presentations, technical training sessions, information technology, and public lectures.
Manager of people or processes
– I don’t need to be the boss – but like a clear responsibility that I can seek to improve.
– The accomplishments that I am most proud of were always able to push the technical or business processes to the next level. I had two individuals at IFT tell me that they will never forget the training and thought processes that I helped them learn. That was very rewarding.
Manufacturing process development.
– I can integrate the chemistry of food with physical processes very well. Often this leads to significant innovation in products or manufacturing. I have been all over the world in many company plants – I remember what I have seen and what can be applied in the creation of foods.