I’m a transformation focused consumer brand marketing and innovation leader with broad expertise in food, beverage and beauty categories/ brands of varied sizes, channels & cultures. I see the big picture, and I know how to get there. I leverage strategic thinking, an analytical, market-grounded approach to innovation, and inherent curiosity to find nuggets of business and consumer insight, connecting the dots to create compelling products and programs that will drive growth with organizational and financial impact. I am seeking a culture that values challenging the status quo and prioritize people & purpose. Key areas of expertise:
• Brand & Portfolio Growth Strategy: adept at portfolio, brand, assortment and channel strategies, innovation adjacency and technical capability assessments, acquisition vetting, and exploration of new growth models for portfolios of $100M-$2B
• Innovation Strategy & Pipeline Creation: deep expertise filling differentiated, balanced pipelines ($50-300M). Expert and concept and product development, sell in and launch to leading FDM, Specialty and C-store retailers, driving sustainable sales ($1M-$30M.)
• Consumer Insights & Trend Mining: passionate consumer advocate skilled in integrating global market, retail and category trends, syndicated data, and custom research to yield compelling, market-right strategies and concepts.
• P&L Leadership ($50-$400M): experience leading iconic brands with varied growth postures, go to market models and budgets.
• Team Leadership & Development: Empowering manager focused on leveraging team member strengths and stretching their capabilities. Always willing to provide perspective and a framework or approach to address a problem or opportunity, without being overly prescriptive or constraining, while giving needed space and autonomy as I value this for myself.
Additional Skills: Business Strategy, Retail strategy and selling stories, Communication, Positioning
EDUCATION: MBA, University of Chicago Booth School of Business, B.A. of English with honors, University of Michigan
LOCATION PREFERENCE(S): Greater Chicago area. Unable to relocate but able to travel.
COMPENSATION TARGET: $250K (base)