Sr Director/VP of Innovation, Product Development and Optimization (New York City) – Beverages, Frozen Foods
Seeking a role as: Transformative R&D and Commercialization leader in the fast-moving CPG food or beverage industry.
In Location: Currently living in New York City metro area and able to commute.
Education: Undergraduate degrees in Agricultural Engineering and Food Technology, then a Masters in Food Science with Flavor Chemistry and Emulsions, followed by an MBA for application of science into the food manufacturing business.
- Extensive experience with beverages (including coffee roasting, water, soft drinks and flavored hydration products with Kraft and Coca-Cola) and frozen foods, bakery and other shelf-stable food products (Hain Celestial and General Mills)
- Skills include: Project management, financial acumen, strategic thinking, regulatory compliance.
- Managed teams of up to three direct reports.
- Responsible for product portfolios of $500MM in revenue.
- Classically trained in Project Management, HACCP, Better Process Control School and Strategic Management.
Compensation: Base salary expectation dependent on cost of living total package and responsibilities but likely in the $200,000 range plus incentives
A bit about the candidate’s career journey:
- While at Kraft, performed as both Scientist and Process Engineer and focused on the on-demand coffee business unit–very involved in roasting, brewing and sensory evaluation.
- When Kraft merged with Heinz and closed the Tarrytown, NY facility made the career move to Coca-Cola’s NYC office and was a part of the enhanced hydration team on Dasani, VitaminWater, and PowerAde. Worked with flavor houses and had great project delivery experience here.
- When Coca-Cola closed the NYC office and moved operations to Atlanta, made the move to Hain Celestial; here able to be creative and put systems in place learned from the larger organizations worked with prior, yet tweak them to the way that would operate best for Hain Celestial (a younger / smaller organization). Worked in frozen foods and bakery as well as tea, soup, cereal and personal care items. Lots of work with co-manufacturers as well.
- Promoted to Director of their new Transformation team responsible to deliver productivity targets for North America.
If you are interested in speaking with this Food Science, R&D and Product Innovation Leader who:
- Is looking to apply his 15 years of food and beverage industry experience,
- Is looking to lead a product innovation, renovation or commercialization team,
- Is looking to help you grow and improve your business through identifying cost and margin improvements,
- Is capable of taking your R&D group to the next level in 2024, then
Contact: Laurie Hyllberg today!
Contact The Recruiter
Laurie champions Kinsa Group’s position as the top food and beverage recruiting firm in the nation and its presence in the global FMCG marketplace. To her Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Business Management, and Marketing she adds over 20 years of executive search experience in the food and beverage industry at Kinsa. Building a network of executives and professionals through membership in the Women’s Foodservice Forum, Institute of Food Technologists, FaB Wisconsin, Chicagoland Food and Beverage Network, and maintaining professional expertise in recruiting as an Executive Board Member for the Recruiters Of Wisconsin association, Laurie is able to connect top talent in the food industry with food and beverage processors and foodservice providers growing their teams at the C-Suite, VP, Director, and Management level. Connect with Laurie today!
Want to know more about this candidate?
← Back to Top Talent