VP Innovation, R&D, Commercialization (Portland, OR) – Shelf-Stable CPG Food Products, MS Nutrition
Seeking a role as: Innovation and Commercialization leader in the food industry
In Location: Currently living in Portland, OR metro area (no relocation, willing to work remotely or travel)
• Entrepreneurial career, broad experience from concept to commercialization, evaluating product portfolio, innovation planning, leading R&D teams, identifying contract manufacturers, developing manufacturing partner contracts and scaling product for international markets
• Evaluating co-manufacturers, quality programs, managing quality of food products and the ongoing manufacturer relationships
• Marketing direction and strategy responsible for brand position, packaging design and product communication
• Full commercialization including product labeling and regulatory compliance
• Capture cutting edge trends and translate consumer insights and marketplace data into meaningful opportunities
• Responsible for COGS optimization across all SKU’s (recipe modifications, ingredients, manufacturing, packaging, etc.)
• Experienced leader, manages international teams
Compensation: Base salary expectation dependent on size of company and responsibilities but likely in the $185,000-200,000+ range plus incentives
Education: MS in Nutrition from National University of Natural Medicine in Portland, OR (2016), BS in Nutrition Science and Food Management from Oregon State University (2007)
If you are interested in speaking with this R&D and Innovative Business Leader who:
- Is looking to bring your CPG food or beverage product to life with new lines or categories
- Is looking to strategically position your product portfolio and identify revenue growth opportunities
- Is capable of taking your product expansion from ideation to commercialization, then
Contact: Laurie Hyllberg today!
Contact The Recruiter
Laurie champions Kinsa Group’s position as the top food and beverage recruiting firm in the nation and its presence in the global FMCG marketplace. To her Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Business Management, and Marketing she adds over 20 years of executive search experience in the food and beverage industry at Kinsa. Building a network of executives and professionals through membership in the Women’s Foodservice Forum, Institute of Food Technologists, FaB Wisconsin, Chicagoland Food and Beverage Network, and maintaining professional expertise in recruiting as an Executive Board Member for the Recruiters Of Wisconsin association, Laurie is able to connect top talent in the food industry with food and beverage processors and foodservice providers growing their teams at the C-Suite, VP, Director, and Management level. Connect with Laurie today!
Want to know more about this candidate?
← Back to Top Talent