Food Marketing Salaries – #8 in Kinsa’s F&B Salary Series
The impact of your company’s marketing team cannot be understated.
From creating a strong brand and communicating your story to bringing in more business, we understand how pivotal marketing roles are to the success of your company.
With over 35 years of experience, our food and beverage marketing executive recruiters know how to recognize the right talent for open marketing jobs. Kinsa Group is committed to setting the table for greater growth for your business, and that starts with finding ideal professionals for food and beverage industry open marketing director, brand manager, vice president of innovation, and other similar roles.
To help you better plan for new hires in your marketing department or to simply retain your current top talent, Kinsa Group food and beverage executive recruiters have collected salary data from more than 8,000 candidate interviews across several food and beverage categories and skillsets during the past two years. We share that data with employers and job candidates alike in our 2022 Food and Beverage Salary Guide so that you can stay competitive in the dynamic labor market of 2022. We’re taking some time this week to expand on Marketing titles and salaries shared within these pages…
Attracting and Retaining Your Marketing Leadership: Marketing Director, Vice President of Marketing, and Chief Marketing Officer
Marketing compensation progresses as a career matures. Kinsa’s Salary Survey for 2022 found that:
- Marketing Directors remained steady at $150,000 over the 2-year span from 2020 to 2022, mainly because there was a reported dip in the median during 2021, but a quick recovery in 2022. The range is wide from $80,000 to $300,000.
- VP of Marketing leadership also remained steady with a median of $180,000 base salary from both 2021 and 2022.
- CMO executives reported an increase of 7% from 2020 to 2022, going from $205,000 to $220,000 median base salary over that 2-year span. The range for CMOs is quite large from $160,000 at the low end to $350,000 on the high end of those reporting back to Kinsa.
Many Marketing Manager roles have leadership cross-functionally or over projects, products, or campaigns. Typically Marketing professionals with staff management responsibilities are promoted to Director titles, but a Marketing Manager could have a small staff of 1 or 2 reporting directly to them.
- Category / Product Managers have seen a 9% increase in base wages in the past three years since 2019, then at $110,000 but at $120,000 now.
- Trade Marketing Managers had a wide range reported from $75,000 to $190,000 depending on experience and scope of responsibilities, but $130,000 was the median base pay reported for 2022.
- Marketing Managers remained at $120,000 median base pay for the second year in a row, following a dip from $115,000 in 2019 to $105,000 in 2020, then rebounding to $120,000 in 2021.
- Senior Marketing Managers have a median a bit higher at $140,000, and going as high as $180,000 before seeking out that Director title.
- Associate Brand Managers have seen a significant increase in pay for their classical marketing skills, growing from $85,000 mid-point in 2020 to $100,000 in 2021 and now $110,000 in 2022. That’s a 29% increase for that junior-level skill set in 3 years.
- Brand Managers have really maintained a consistent median base pay across the last 4 years at $130,000. There was a slight uptick in 2021, but it dropped back down to $130,000 in 2022. The range is wide from $90,000 to $160,000 so you may need to pay specifically for the skills you’re hiring for.
- Senior Brand Managers with slightly more experience have a median of $150,000 and can range as high as $185,000 on base salary before seeking more senior titles.
Marketing Salaries for Coordinator, Analyst, and Account Executive
- Marketing Coordinators are quite entry-level with little to no experience beyond a bachelor’s degree and some internships. The median pay is $70,000 in 2022, while the range is from $60,000 to $90,000.
- Marketing Analyst is a similarly entry-level title that is commonly used and reported salaries ranged from $60,000 to $120,000 with a median of $90,000, up 20% from $75,000 in 2021.
- Marketing Account Executives said their base pay ranged from $65,000 to $120,000 with the median at $90,000.
Kinsa Group’s 2022 Food and Beverage Salary Guide
Direct your attention to page 6 of the 2022 Salary Guide to see the complete range of pay for Marketing position titles from Marketing Coordinator to Chief Marketing Officer.
Feel free to reach out to our team or contact us to assist you with launching a new search to hire a Marketing professional for your company today.
Looking for the complete food and beverage salary insight guide? Download now for free and get access to the range and median of food and beverage salaries from C-Suite to Sales and Innovation to Operations.DOWNLOAD NOW
- C-Suite Executive Compensation – Food and Beverage Salaries Series #1
- Food Safety and Quality Wages – Food and Beverage Salaries Series #2
- Sales and Business Development Salary Grades – Food and Beverage Salaries Series #3
- Engineering and Maintenance Salary Insights – Food and Beverage Salaries Series #4
- Research and Development Salaries – Food and Beverage Salaries Series #5
- Human Resources and Employee Safety Salary Insights – Food and Beverage Salaries Series #6
- Accounting and Finance Salaries – Food and Beverage Salaries Series #7
- Salary Negotiation Tips for Food & Beverage Industry Jobs
- Now Available: 2022 Food and Beverage Salary Guide